Ride 4 Change
Are you ready for a ride changing experience?
The Touch Africa Ride 4 Change adventure challenge is a registered corporate fund raising event which aims to change the lives of some of the most underprivileged children in the impoverished Wild Coast area. This area was voted in a Sunday Times article dated March 2002 as one of “The 10 Worst Places to Grow up as a child”. Our aim is to focus this initiative and the funds raised from this event to uplift Schools in these areas.
The “Ride 4 Change” concept
To highlight and assist the plight of the tragically underprivileged children of the Wild Coast and raise the much needed money to implement change. To achieve this we have planned an unbelievable 30 rider, 8 day, 1500 km off-road motorcycle ride through the most incredible areas of the lush and beautiful Transkei.
Each corporate sponsor will be allocated one place on this epic Touch Africa Enduro. The lucky participant will be trained to ride the trusty Honda CRF 230. This bike, branded in their company colours will be theirs for the duration of the event. All accommodation, food, fuel, support etc will be included in the sponsorship.
Touch Africa’s sister company Red Cherry Adventures have been staging similar events for organisations such as Enduro Africa for the past six years. Some illustrious patrons have included the British Princes, William and Harry amongst others. Together our two organisations have perfected the formula and logistics to make the ride, literally, a life changing experience.
What it costs and what you get
The sponsorship cost to participate in this worthy South African Charity event is R60 000 (Excl. vat) per rider. The full amount qualifies the donor for a Section 18a tax certificate, which allows for a deduction from taxable income in accordance with income tax act of 1962.
The cost includes:
- The satisfaction of knowing that your company is supporting a worthy cause
- All accommodation in hotels or tented village for 7 nights
- All meals for duration of the trip
- Return flights to and from East London from Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg or Durban
- All airport transfers
- Your very own Honda CRF 230, branded in your company livery for duration of trip
- Off – road riding kit and a designer Riding Shirt to match the motorcycle
- All fuel and lubricants
- A Point of Sale kit for use at your company including 20 x A1 posters, an electronic email leaflet & DL leaflets
- A certificate of achievement at the end of the trip for display at your company
- A Honda Adventure Academy training course
- Assistance where needed with regard to your Staff Incentive implementation
- Logo and URL on the Touch Africa website
- Press releases for internal PR
- Story in Touch Africa newsletter
- Exposure on DSTV’s “Two Wheels” programme
This epic adventure will start in East London and, traversing the single tracks and back roads of the picturesque rural Transkei, weave its way north over 8 days. The selection of family hotels such as Kob Inn, Hole-in-the-Wall and Morgan’s Bay combined with the odd night camping will enhance the experience as the group finally arrives at the Wild Coast Sun to a hero’s welcome. Total distance covered will be around 1500 km with some days eating up to 10 hours in the saddle, others as little as 4 hours. A rest day is included where the team embark on a Touch Africa charity Project.
The degree of difficulty varies from mild to wild but highly experienced guides and sweeps will always be on hand to assist you, or even ride your bike through sections you may not feel comfortable with. We have taken over 1000 often very inexperienced riders through this route so we know how to make it enjoyable for everyone.
Dates and CTP
Fri 15 Feb Depart to East London. Meet and Greet at both departure and arrival airports
Sat 23 Feb Arrive at final destination namely Wild Coast Casino
Sun 24 Feb Depart for home from Durban Airport
Entries are limited to the first 30 companies and are based on a first come first serve basis. Please log on to www.touchafrica.info and register on line. Once you have registered, a pro forma invoice together with the contract will be submitted. A signed contract together with payment, in full, within 14 days of on line registration will be required to guarantee your place on this once-in-a-lifetime charity adventure.